Wednesday, January 19, 2005

All Geek

Ok. This update has nothing to do with running. I promise.

First off, let's talk World of Warcraft. It appears my friend Clint is buying a copy. His conversion is complete. Of course, now when he finds something to hate about the game, it'll be my fault. Oh well.

I had an interesting party experience the other night, when my L16 hunter was joined by a L16 Rogue for some partying to finish a few quests. One thing I noticed is that my lack of secondary tradeskills (first aid and cooking) really bit me when it came to downtime. When soloing, a little extra downtime is no big deal. But in a party, your group mates are patiently waiting for you to regen ... ugh. Oh well. So, yeah. Time to powerlevel my tradeskills. Figure I can fish for a while, cook the fish, and then when I'm bored to tears go kill humanoids, get cloth, and make bandages. *yawn*

Of course, if Clint doesn't play on the same servers I already have characters, I might need to spread myself even thinner among different places to play. Gah!

Ok, switching gears to another geeky subject, let's talk about TV shows. Bear with me; it's geeky. Friday night the Sci-Fi channel will start showing us SG-1, SG: Atlantis, and Battlestar Galactica every week. My TiVo might just catch fire from all that activity in one night. Add to this my weekly Huff, Amazing Race, 24, Lost, and Alias and we're up to 8 hours of TV a week not counting sports. This could be some kind of record for me. I'm serious. I'm not sure I can take it. How the hell am I supposed to watch this much TV and still keep up all my WoW characters? Not to mention I've got this pesky Real Life I'm supposed to be living. WTF?

Clearly, something has to give.

I vote work.

No comments: