Friday, September 07, 2007

Two Hundred

Hollywood made the number 300 famous this year, but I fortunately never hit the 300 pound mark. Back in February I started taking my fitness more seriously, tracking my weight, exercise, and food intake on a daily basis. I weighed 245 when I started (245 and a half, but who's counting?).

Today, 200.

All my adult life, I've been hanging around at heavier weights than this. Sometimes 210, sometimes 230. Last time I was seriously running, I managed to drop below this weight and hold it for a few months, but that's it. And here I am again.

It makes me a little nervous. I know how easy it is to ditch the good habits and start bad ones. But we learn primarily from our mistakes, and I've made enough of them to learn a lot. I know what I'm doing differently this time. I know that mentally, I'm in better shape than I was at the peak of my running last time around. The body has to follow -- it has no choice.

No comments: