Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Vanity

I was editing some family pictures on Facebook and saw two pictures nearly side by side, taken 3 months apart, where I was wearing the same shirt. I'm pretty happy with how different I look in the two pictures. So, to remind myself why I'm doing this, here's the two pictures:



This is hardly before/after, it's more before/during, but it's nice to see an image that shows where I am today as compared to where I started. (Going strictly by the pictures I got taller and thinner! ;) ).

And, yesterday I finished the second week of my Couch to 5K training, a few days late. I didn't run while I was on vacation and fighting off a nasty cold. But I'll be starting Week 3 later this week, which contains the same 21 minutes of walking and 9 minutes of running per workout, but contains two 3-minute run intervals and two 90 seconds (as opposed to six 90 second intervals).

An interesting challenge is coming up for me soon, a weekend camping trip. In general I tend to drink while camping, but this is a state park with no alcohol allowed, so that won't be an issue. So that makes the biggest Calorie challenge a pig roast and s'mores. We'll see where it goes!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It also tinted your glasses. Weird!

Dave said...

These pictures also suggest I am usually happy when within visual range of a beach. Further testing is required to prove this theory.