That's right, we're moving within the week. It's terrifying and exciting :).
Other things house-related in the last week:
- We locked our interest rate
- We opened a checking account at Wells Fargo (got us a reduced rate)
- Our lenders had to inspect the house again due to the amount of rain we got recently
- I called or contacted online various utility companies
- We packed almost everything
And even though we're closing in like 36 hours, we don't have the amount we owe yet. Our lawyer said the closing would be at 1 PM but I've asked to move it up ... no answer yet.
Things left to do before we move?
- Secure contract with oil delivery service
- Get final amount owed for closing
- Get cashier's check for that amount
- Pack last-minute stuff
- Move :)
After we move?
- Change address everywhere (work, banks, etc)
- Send out emails with changed address
- Send out XMas cards with changed address
- Make appointment with chimney inspector/cleaner
- Register to vote in Brookfield
... and who knows what else.
I look most forward to waking up and making coffee, and drinking it while looking out at my very own back yard.
I can't wait.